My Blog List

Sunday, December 4, 2011

I'm really looking forward to being a mother. sometimes it actually drives me crazy because I want to just be a mother right now (I'm not good with waiting). It is especially hard because of my Major with is Child Development. I am always learning new and interesting things about children and I just can't wait to try them out. When we learn about teenagers I sometimes wish that I had a teenager right now so that I can use what I'm learning before I forget it. I know that this seems silly but I really am afraid that I will forget about what I am learning before I have kids.
Anyways, one of the things that we talked about in class that I will have to wait until I have kids for is talking/ teaching about their bodies and God plan for the creation of children. Something that I think is great and that I can't wait for is starting to teach my children to respect and appreciate theirs and other people's bodies right from the beginning. I think that the idea of the "big talk" is so silly and that there shouldn't be one big time that you lay it all on your kids. I think that that could be seriously overwhelming  and confusing. I class we talked about what to say at what age and it gave me a really great opportunity to think about what I would want to tell my kids and how to teach them about their bodies. I thought that it would be good to start out  teaching them to respect their bodies when they are young and move on to the differences between men and women and then go on to why we are different and how babies are born and why babies need to be born and that we were all babies and that you were once a baby and that you are going to grow up and be a mommy and that you are going to have babies too. I think that with such a delicate subject it is important to always keep it in a gospel light. It is really easy to get things wrong, especially in the world we live in today. I know that Satan is trying his best to twist things around and ruin our perceptions but Sexual intercourse will always be a deeply beautiful thing when between man and wife. I can only imagine how bad it will get in the future, that is why it is so important that we stand strong and teach truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment