My Blog List

Sunday, December 4, 2011

In class we learned about crises in the family. Something that I learn/ relearn/ thought more about was how much our trials really strengthen us if we let them. There are some kinds of crisis that don't really have that much of a deep and lasting effect on us but there are those that we keep with us and continue to learn from. Something that I can to realize even more when thinking/ talking with others about was that it is our attitude that changes a situation from bad to good. We have control over how we feel about something and we can change our attitudes for the better. I think that this can be really hard and sometimes takes a while. I do not think that we should try to never feel or try to push away being upset of hurt or frustrated, but we can learn to overcome those feelings  and learn to see them in more of a positive light. I know that if I try to hid or cover up my negative feelings I will end up feeling worse int he end and it never helps. I think that we all can morn at times and feel sorry for ourselves and others but if we dwell on those feeling we can cause some emotional damage. I'm not sure what I was going for here but I think that learning to deal more effectively with trials and hardships is something that we all can improve on.

No comments:

Post a Comment