My Blog List

Sunday, December 4, 2011

I absolutely loved the class that we talked about counseling. I loved it so much. I learned a lot from that class that I had never known about counsels before. I think that the way that the church has set up the counsels is a testimony to the truthfulness of the gospel because only the true church could have come up with such a perfect setup. I love learning about the way that the apostles and prophets have their counsels and how they communicate with each other. I think that I might have a little obsession with communication. for one, I really like to communicate and for two I really like good communication. I like people to be direct with me and let me know what they are thinking. I like to speak my mind (maybe a little too much, but I'm working on it) and I like to chat with people and communicate with friends. So, when I learned about the process that the counsel of twelve used in their meetings I was very excited. The only thing I have to do now is learn how to let go of my own wants and desires and listen to the Lord. I love having family counsels and talking things over a s a family too. My husband and I have just recently talked about how we want our family home evening and family counsels to go. I think that planning stuff like that out in advance is a really great idea because you can think about the things that you really want to do in your family before you start doing different things. It was good to talk about it and get everything worked out. I think that with everything that we are learning we are going to be well prepared to have children and raise them up unto the Lord. I think that everyone should be required to take this class before they have a family. It is just that great.

No comments:

Post a Comment