My Blog List

Friday, November 18, 2011

Out of all the stuff that we have learned so far, I think that stuff that I like the most is the stuff about building and maintaining healthy and awesome relationships. I think that people need to know more about relationships and how to nurture them; the world would be a much better place with a little bit of relationship training. Something that we have learned about that I wish more people would understand is the importance of thinking outside of yourself and giving you all to your spouse. I'm not saying that we should be a servant to them or put our own basic wellbeing at risk. but just live and interact in a way that demonstrates your love for your husband or wife and let them know that you are always there for them and are willing to work through problems and compromise with them. I think that a lot of the time people think that they shouldn't have to change for the people they love, and this is partly true, but I think what it really important to remember is that we should be willing to change with them. We should be willing to improve ourselves for them and help them to improve. Isn't that the purpose of this life? Isn’t that the goal we are all trying to achieve within our families, improvement? I think that we need to be willing to give a little for the people we love, even if we have to give a little of ourselves for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment